Aqua Springs is delighted to announce the completion of a major makeover thanks to ongoing investment by Colchester Borough Council.
This marks the latest phase of Leisure World Colchester’s £1.5 million investment in its 25th anniversary year. The spa underwent extensive refurbishment including a new aromatherapy room, two newly refurbished saunas, a steam room and a brand new coffee shop during 2016.
The most recent stage sees the spa hall transformed from a Roman Bath, to a Mediterranean theme bringing a much lighter and fresh appearance to the spa.
Inspiration for this new look has been taken from a beautiful Greek village. The spa hall has been completely redecorated throughout, including new plants which complement the Mediterranean colours and textures.
The first stage of the refurbishment in 2016 (whilst remaining open) included:
- Sauna converted into Aromatherapy Room – March 2016
- New Coffee Shop & seating are, including furniture – August 2016
- 2 saunas completely re-fitted with the stoves hidden to improve safety and create space – September 2016
The latest stage of the refurbishment in January 2017 included:
- All 5 treatment rooms decorated and refurbished including new sinks, cabinets, doors, lights, showers, cubicles and some have new walls and floors.
- Decorated throughout the spa hall, including new ceilings and lights
- Timber handrails repaired and retreated
- Floors repaired and re-tiled where necessary
- New lights in spa pool
- New wall tiles throughout the spa
- New reception area with desk, sofas, new floor, ceilings / walls decorated & tiled
- New showers in the ladies changing room
- New ceilings, lights and mirrors in both the changing rooms
- Drains added to saunas and aromatherapy room
Enjoy your visit to newly refurbished Aqua Springs!
My Leisure Card holders can enjoy various discounts with our partners in Colchester.
Offering rewards to My Leisure Card holders for using any of our four Leisure World centres.